Whatever Chelsea did in the 2011-12 season was always going to be hard to replicate. Hence, it is imperative that Chelsea’s 2012-13 season is seen from a stand-alone point. There have been several high and lows over the course of the season that started on 12th August 2012.
Much to the disappointment of their fans and sport bettors on betminded.com things didn’t go smoothly at the end of last year. Yet, this has been a season to remember for several reasons.
- Winning the Europa League
- Reaching the FA Cup semifinals
- Scoring a record number of goals – in a single season – in history at the club (145)
- Lampard becoming our all-time top scorer
- Torres showing signs of life
- A great debut season from the big summer signings – Eden Hazard and Oscar
- An even better Juan Mata
- The emergence of David Luiz
- Roberto di Matteo leaving the club
- Not winning the league
- Failure to progress past the Champions League group stages
- Torres still needing 321 minutes in between a league goal
It may not have been a vintage season, but there have been several highlights over the course of the year that will remain in the memory of Chelsea fans.