The Premier League is fast growing into one of the most dominant sporting leagues not just in terms of fan support, but in terms of finances too. Here are some quick facts that will demonstrate it.
- The clubs’ total revenue in 2013/2014 season was £3.26 billion – just a little more than Malta’s whole budget in 2013 (£3.11 billion);
- In season 2013/14, Chelsea’s revenue (£324 million) is the more than Turkish Super Lig Revenue in 2015 (£315 million);
- Meanwhile, Chelsea’s revenue (£324 million) is 1.5 times the Latvia’s defence budget in 2015 (£181 million);
- A. F. C. Bournemouth’s revenue in the season of 2013/14 (£10.1 million) was more than 3 times bigger than the revenue of every Estonian football club playing in their best league during the same season (~£2.9 million);
- Chelsea FC is currently estimated as being more valuable than Bank of Scotland (£880 million vs £825 million).
Infographic brought to you by TonyBet, a leading provider of English Premier League Betting.